State Route 15 - West Virginia
Sutton - Valley Head
Distance/Driving time: 66 miles/1h, 41m
County(ies): Braxton, Webster, Randolph
Submit your on this road.
- The previous comments were right.
This road goes through some weird pavement transformations as you ride.
All in all it's not too bad, as some of it is fresh black top as of July 2014.
I wouldn't mind hitting this road again if I was in the area.
A pretty damn good road for high speed twisties.
It gets a bit tighter as you get into Webster Springs.
The biggest fault with the road is the pavement.
The surface changes from great to fair to good to fair to great and is basically just a mixed bag, on that front.
If you can't stand some patch work this is a pretty damn good road.
- AkumuX (7/17/14)
- No services, nowhere to stop, just undulating mountain sweepers/twisties/scenery.
Excellent pavement condition, markings, and width, minimal traffic.
Useful as an excellent connector for a US-219 to SR-20 loop ride.
Sport-Touring sort of road.
- David Rouleau (11/3/13)
- I rode Route 15 from Webster Springs to Valley Head on 7/15/08.
I found it to have its fair share of patch work and, moderate traffic with many big trucks.
Next time I ride WV I'll probably pass on this road.
- 'Motorpsycho Jim' (7/23/08)
- Just completed 2 days seeking twisties in West Virginia, best road if you are on a sportbike.
Ill be back for more of this one.
- Anonymous (8/24/07)
- This road is truly a gem and worth seeking-out!
The first half is full of tight turns and and the later half (as you approach US219) is loaded with sweepers.
Great scenery throughout entire road.
I give this one 5 out of 5 stars!!!
Try it - you WILL love it!
- Brad Morgan (8/5/07)
- Awesome road.
Maybe one of the best I've ever been on.
Very clean road with awesome views and beautiful scenery.
This road has it all and makes you remember why you bought a bike in the first place!
- Rider from Culloden, West Virginia (5/19/06)
- Twisty to scenic. This stretch has it all. Well marked curves. Enjoy!
- Rider from Howell, Michigan