Brushy Mountain Road - North Carolina
Wilkesboro - Gilreath
Distance/Driving time: 14 miles/35m
Download GPS file (right click & 'save as').
Submit your on this road.
- Great pull going up from the south.
Easy to get over confident on some of the turns.
Scraped my floor boards more than once.
Watch out for wildlife on the southern end. i.e. turkey & deer.
Canít wait to ride it again.
- Ronald (9/10/13)
- My wife and I drove this road from the south to the north this morning with the sun at our backs.
Great road, no traffic.
I thought I was the only one to know about it but then I googled it.
Well, it's been on this website for years and today no cops no traffic.
- Allen (1/29/12)
- Great ride, no traffic, watch for loose gravel.
Breakfast at the Coffee House and 421 is really good!
- Anonymous (8/14/10)
- Today I had the pleasure of riding this road.
It was beautiful and a lot of fun.
There was some gravel in a few of the curves.
Thanks for the suggestion and I totally recommend it to others!
- Holly Marshburn (7/16/09)
- Glad to find out this road was posted.
I took a wrong turn out of Wilkesboro and wound up on this gem.
Didn't know where I was, but wasn't going to turn around because it was an awesome ride.
Was lost till I got to Hiddenite (still wasn't sure exactly sure where I was), but this was the most fun I've ever had being lost.
- C. Hairr, Roseboro, NC (8/29/08)
- The 6.5 mile stretch of BMR proper has from small twists to giant sweepers and a few you can read your own tag.
More curves (178 changes in direction) than the 'Dragon' for the distance without the traffic.
June 30, after storms in area, some areas had limbs and one tree on shoulder.
As always watch the gravel.
Still the best road to ride in this area.
- Anonymous (7/1/08)
- I am a local for the Brushy Mountain Road and I am please to inform you that the second half of the southern part of this road has just been re-paved, no tar and gravel.
Now about 3/4 of this road is true, smooth asphalt.
The new lines were being painted May 29, 2008.
- Jason Wellborn (5/31/08)
- As of May, 2007 there is lots of tar and chip on the Southern end of this route....ride with care!
- Scott Dail (6/29/07)