Harpers Ferry Road - Maryland
AKA: Sandy Hook Road
Sharpsburg - Sandy Hook
Distance/Driving time: 13 miles/26m
Download GPS file (right click & 'save as').
Submit your on this road.
- Rode this one with three other folks I met at Gettysburg in mid-July 2011.
This is a fantastic ride.
Twisty, but very scenic.
We were headed from Antietam to Harpers Ferry.
We did not stop on the road, but there were a lot of places I would have were I riding solo.
Watch for some old furnaces along the way.
Once you get down by the Potomac, it really gets interesting as well.
If you are near Sharpsburg, don't miss the Antietam battlefield, it is well preserved and the stories are beyond awesome.
- Rider from St. Peters, MO (12/15/11)
- I agree with the other two on this road. Great ride!
During July 2009, I was on my way to Gettysburg from Harpers Ferry and accidentally found this one.
It looked interesting on the map.
I was on my National Parks Tour.
Antietam was on the way so this road looked like the best route.
Man, it was the right choice! Curves, dips, and not much traffic. A lot of fun on my VTX.
The battlefield at Antietam was very much worth the stop.
- Jerry Stevens, Flower Mound, TX: IBA, AMA, GWRRA (2/11/11)
- I went on this ride because the review sounded great.
It was one of the best routes/rides I've been on so far, definately worth going on!
Not for a begginer motorcyclist.
P.S. Thanks for the website!
- Aron McLeod, Brooklyn Park, MD (10/8/09)
- Thanks to this website, I discovered this road.
What a hoot!
Not very fast (35 mph speed limit) but narrow and twisty with good pavement, no traffic and lots of blind corners.
Scenery near the south end is amazing.
A great ride if you’re not in a hurry.
- Carfty Rider, Quebec, Canada (10/16/07)